20 June 2012

The Last Two Weeks in Instagram

Due to a death in the family and the resulting road trip, I had to save last week's Instagram update for this week. Prepare for a picture overload!


Okay, so this one technically isn't an Instagram, but I still Tweeted it. I think these two (Jeff and Shirley from "Community") are too adorable for words. He's Tinkle Town and she's Big Cheddar!




Lucy makes groaning noises that sound like moos, so we jokingly call her a cow. She sometimes stands like a cow, too, it's uncanny. She was moo-dily (haha) trying to get me to set aside my blogging and give her attention.


We've had more rain here in the last six weeks than we had in the previous three years. We went from a "severe drought" in early May to actually having too much rainfall by the middle of June! Lucy doesn't mind storms or being wet, but she was sad her lizard friends had taken shelter on this particular day.


Different day, different clouds. This time it had looked dark and ominous all day, but didn't rain a drop. Crazy!


The day my grandma died, I went to have dinner at my parents' house to help console my dad and give him some sense of normalcy. I was sitting on the loveseat with my sister, who was digging through the cushions, and then she exclaimed, "Oh, my nunchucks!" I thought she was going to pull out a Wii remote attachment, but instead, she pulled out these: a gift from our other sister.

My nail polish in that pic was OPIs "OPI on Collins Ave." It's the second time I've worn it and it's chipped almost immediately both times (notice my middle finger?). Still, I love the bright orange-pink of it so I can't let it go.


I may seem cloud-obsessed, but we'd gone so many summers without much rain that this was mind-boggling! We started nervously joking that we should draw up plans for an ark...


I found this black dress on accident when I was looking for my other black dress in the back bedroom. I had ordered two dresses and some shirts from Forever21 using a birthday gift card I'd gotten from the lovely Mary and the amazing Shannon. The shirts and other dress have been worn, but this one was forgotten until I found it in my packing haste. Miraculously, it fit better then than it did when it first arrived, woo hoo!

Unfortunately, I was wearing it for my grandmother's funeral. I snapped this picture in my uncle's guest bedroom before leaving for the service.


It's scientifically proven that Five Guys burgers are the best burgers this side of In N Out.


Finally, a color that didn't chip right away! Essie's "Chinchilly," one of my more understated colors. (I hate the word "greige" with every fiber of my being but that's how most of the ~experts~ describe this color.)


Yet another rainless-but-overcast day, but it resulted in Mr. Cheddar and his brother having the entire swimming pool to themselves at Brother Cheddar's amenity center.


They swim half a mile four to five times a week in the "combat sidestroke." It was originally to train for the Battle for the Beach, an annual summer contest that happens in early June, but they liked the workout so much that they've continued it after the battle.


When Mr. Cheddar found out he'd gotten a job, he wanted to celebrate the end of his two-years-unemployed nightmare in style--with some nice scotch. I convinced him to get the Macallan and tweeted "Looks like Hubs is going to have a @joelmchale sort of night." 


We frolicked in HomeGoods (on a blessedly uncrowded day for once!) and Mr. Cheddar had a lot of fun ridiculing some of the paintings.


He called me over and said, "This is my favorite painting."

Yeah, it's a mirror.


I said that if we were to be typical Floridians and incorporate flamingoes into our decor, we would want a picture like this one.


My cousin has been scanning and uploading pictures from our grandparents house. This is me and my brother circa 1990. He's the one currently stationed in Kuwait.


My dad's Father's Day gift from Mr. Cheddar was a grilling apron that said "The Grillfather." "The Godfather" (and part 2) are two of my dad's favorite movies. He doesn't usually pose for pictures so the fact that he actually looked at my iPhone AND smiled is a big deal.


Brother Cheddar got into my Tiramisu Cupcakes while I wasn't home to protect them. He texted me this picture with the caption "Unguarded!" 


This is Lucy's "I'm so tired, why aren't you humans going to bed?" expression.

(Clearly we also need to do some laundry but it's been a busy week...)


The house we went to look at as a possible rental had a busted-out sliding glass door. They aren't sure what caused it (maybe it was really clean and a bird flew into it?) 


From that same house, a gas range from the 1970's. This thing is twice the size of a normal stove/oven.


I made jokes that this picture is so over-exposed because Mr. Cheddar is so pale. I also made jokes that he was laying on the surface of the sun. It was actually a very mild beach day, with a surprisingly cool breeze and temps that never broke the 90's.


Mr. Cheddar's dad, who owns the house we live in but only stays here on occasion, does peculiar things. Besides leaving piles of mail on random surfaces, or loading the dishwasher in peculiar and inefficient ways, or putting things that need to be dry-cleaned on the sofa arm and leaving them there for days, he also puts questionable things on the stove. In this case: An iron? Hubs says he probably does it so that the iron can cool down, but... he could leave it on the board for that. Or let it cool on top of the dryer, which is clutter-free. Or put it back on the wire rack where it belongs, untouched by other items.

It's nitpicky things like this that demonstrate that I'm a BIT of a control freak. It's also a case of growing pains--I shouldn't be cleaning up after a grown man, except, of course, for the one I'm married to.


This is a sneak peek at a current project I'm doing at my parents' house--moving my youngest brother into a new bedroom!


I'm not afraid to sing the praises of spackle! In fact, it's been so long since I've spackled anything that I didn't even realize they'd come out with this pink-tinted stuff that turns white when it's dry! That's amazing! Spackle itself is pretty magical. What an amazing modern innovation. Seriously. I. Love. Spackle.


And of course, it wouldn't really be a painting project if I didn't get some of it in my hair. It happens every single time.

No comments:

Post a Comment